The Docment Foundaton released the first release candidate build of the LibreOffice application suite today for public download.
This release candidate build is ready for acceptance testing* in production environments. *Release notes at bottom of page
For installation help and other questions a user support mailing list is avialble here.
General Feature List (partial)
- Added the LibreColors to the palette.
- fdo#30559: Added new tab page 'Compatibility' in the Options dialog.
- Ctrl-Shift-D launchs selection list in LibreOffice.
- Remove the "insert new sheet" tab when the document is in read-only mode.
- Fix fake small caps resizing factor i1526
- Quickstarter for unix builds
- PPTX chart import featur updated
- UNO APIs for size and moveProtect of notes
- added 1/2, 3/4 and 1/4 symbols to af-ZA, de, en-ZA, mn and pl
- Add Libertine G and Linux Biolinum G fonts to Linux distribution
- AutoCorrections support for case sensitive replace function. issuezilla bug #i2838
- Default to printing only the formula itself in math
- fdo#30472 implement import of alpha channel for RGBA .tiffs
- i108049 add Lithuanian autocorrect dictionary
- i112421 make Presenter Screen default to the laptop, not projector
- i113141 show all appropiate formats by default on save as
- i113400 Maths brackets misformed in presentation mode
- turn off NumberRecognition in writer
- use radio buttons for mutually excusive menu options
- Dotted - dashed borders in Calc
- RTF export (GSoc)
- i112597 add display properties to control shapes
- Added Croatian dictionaries i96705
- Port of Lotus Word Pro filter
- Added icons for toggling sheet grids in Calc.
- Added new image file used in the "insert new sheet" button
- Remove datapilot autoformat feature
- Better performance on Excel doc import.
- Croatian autocorrection file i96706
- name order for Hungarian on the UI, i110287
- Replace the "Help Support" menu item by the "License Information" one
- load and save documents in flat xml
- Remove datapilot autoformat feature
- Improve randomisation in 'dissolve' transition
- Support for Kabyle
- Russian (ru) translation update
- Uyghur (ug) translation
- Norwegian Bokmål translation
- Updated pt-BR translation
- Updated Swedish translation
- Italian (it) translation update
- Asturian (ast) language translation
- French translation
- Japanese (ja) translation
- Ukrainian (uk) translation
- Bengali translation update
- Updated Khmer (km) translation
- New Custom Properties Handling
- Embedding of Standard PDF Fonts
- New Narrow Font Family
- Increased Document Protection in Writer and Calc
- Automatic Decimals Digits for "General" format in Calc
- 1 Million Rows in a Spreadsheet
- New Options for CSV (Comma Separated Value) Import in Calc
- Improved Slide Layout Handling in Impress
- Manual Setting for Primary Key Support for Databases
- Support of Read-Only Database Registrations
- ew Math Command 'nospace'
Usability and Interface
- Common Search Toolbar
- New Easier to Use Print Interface
- More Options for Changing Case
- Redesign of Thesaurus
- Resetting Text to the Default Language in Writer
- Text Rendering of Form Controls in Writer
- Changed Defaults for Charts
- Colored Sheet Tabs in Calc
- Adapt to Marked Selection for Filter Area in Calc
- Sort Dialog for DataPilot in Calc
- Display Custom Names for DataPilot Fields, Items and Totals in Calc
Developer Features and Extensibility
- Grid Control Enhancements
- New MetaData Node for Database
- Extending Database Drivers Using Extensions
This release candidate is not intended for production use!
There are a number of known issues being worked on:
- The Windows build is an International build - you can choose the user interface language that is suitable for you. The help content is not included. We are working on the online version. Alternatively, it will be possible to install it separately.
- The Linux and MacOSX builds are English builds with the possibility to install language packs. Please browse the archives to get the language pack you need for your platform.
- The LibreOffice branding and renaming is new and work in progress. You may still see old graphics, icons or websites. So please bear with us. This also applies to the BrOffice.org branding - applicable in Brazil.
- Filters for the legacy StarOffice binary formats may be missing.